Having recently started up this new blog, I’m really excited to have been nominated for two awards this week! I think these awards are a fun way to meet others and build up a community, which is half the fun of blogging, right?
The first award I have been nominated for is the “Sisterhood of the World” Blogger Award, nominated by Roshni. Thanks for the nomination, I encourage you guys to go check out her blog!
Here are the rules of the award:
Thank the blogger who nominated you & link back to their site.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions sent to you.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate seven bloggers who you feel deserve the award.
Here are the questions Roshni posted!
1. Who has inspired you to start blogging?
I started blogging back in high school because I’ve always been a writer at heart. A girl at my school had a really successful blog and I thought it would be a great way to build up a portfolio/brand for myself. I’ve been through many blogs since then, and I think I’ll always keep blogging!
2. What was your favourite make up trend of 2014?
Nude lips. I’m definitely a bright red lip kind of girl but I like that there is a turn towards fresh, natural looking faces. It can be a bit alien-like at times and, for me, creepy as hell is interesting as hell.
3. Would you ever start your own Youtube channel? If so, what would it be about?
It’s definitely something I’ve considered over the past couple years, although I’ve been hesitant to start one without being 100% in and ready. It would probably be a style channel.
4. If you could give one tip to an aspiring blogger, what would it be?
Be genuine and don’t try to replicate anyone else’s persona–fakery is glaringly obvious and unattractive.
5. Who is your biggest style inspiration?
There isn’t one person who I try to emulate. Rather, I have several sources that I really admire and take bits and pieces of different people at different times. Alexa Chung, American Apparel, aliencreature, Kendall Jenner, Andrea Chong, sunbeamsjess etc.
6. Your most favorite food?
Anything made of potatoes. True story.
7. What would you say is the one thing you want to achieve in the next 5 years?
Finding a career path that I love being on; making a living out of writing.
8. What is your favourite make up product?
At the moment, Lancome’s Hypnose Mascara. It does god’s work on your lashes.
9. What are your top online fashion sites to buy from?
I rarely shop online unless I’m searching for a very specific item. I enjoy the playing field too much.
10. Describe your perfect weekend.
Sleeping until my body wakes up naturally, having a cup of tea, putting on a sun dress, going to the farmer’s market, having wine and making dinner with friends, then turning into a creature of the night and endlessly falling in love.
Here are my ten questions:
1. Why do you blog?
2. If you could only use one for the rest of your life, which would it be and why?: Twitter, Your Blogging Platform, YouTube, or Instagram
3. What’s your favorite movie?
4. What is your dream job/career?
5. What has been the most difficult part of blogging so far?
6. What are your top online fashion sites to buy from? (Since I didn’t have any to suggest!)
7. Use three words to describe yourself.
8. Favorite Instagram or YouTube Account?
9. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
10. If you could be any character in any book, play, movie, or show, who would you be and why?
My 7 nominees are…
- The Style Coordi
- Erin Dot
- Vogue Infatuation
- Chantal and Shekinah
- Styled by Steph 96
- Repressing the Crazy
- Laura Kasdorf
Sorry if you have already been nominated, I love all your sites and wanted to recognize you 🙂 Link me to your post once it goes live, I’d love to get to know you all better!
Much appreciation, much love, much much much.